In order to keep your animal’s medical records we require your current and correct name and address.
We would also like your contact details. This is so we can contact you when needed. For example when your pet is at the surgery or when we get lab results for your pet/horse etc.
We would like to send you reminders and newsletters. Some of the reminders will be sent from an external company who do have access to our database and some correspondence will come directly from them.
The receptionist will ask if you want to receive reminders, marketing and newsletters from us, if you do we will record this on your records. If you change your mind please inform us and we will amend your records.
On occasions we will need to share your information for purposes such as:
- Referring your animal to a specialist surgery, physiotherapist or farrier as they will need your animal’s clinical history.
- If your animal is insured your details will be sent on your claims form and on any history the insurance company may require processing your claim.
- If you are offered 4 weeks free insurance we will need to send them your name, address and contact details.
- When you join Pet/Equine Health Plan we will send the completed application form to a third party who will contact you directly.
- When you register your animal’s microchip your details will be sent to the company who hold the database. They will contact you directly.
- If you choose to leave Stanley House your new vets will request your animal’s medical history. We will contact you prior to sending them to gain your consent as your name and address will be displayed along with your animal’s medical history for identification purposes.
- If your account goes into arrears we will send your details to a collection agency / court / solicitor to recovered amounts due.
- If you choose to apply for finance we will need to send your personal details to a finance company to enable them to do a credit check.
- When the time comes if you require your pet’s/horse’s ashes we will share your details with our crematorium.
- We analyse our data and the company who manage our computer database does have access to our data.
- If we have a computer problem, the company who dials in to our system can access our database.
- We have CCTV at some of our premises, some cameras are fitted with an audio device. Staff have access to view the cameras. We only allow other people to share our CCTV if the police request it directly.
- Should you make a complaint against Stanley House Veterinary Group we may need to share your records and any correspondence with the Veterinary Defence Society.
- Should we suspect any mistreatment of an animal, on welfare grounds we may pass these details on to the RSPCA for investigation.
- Should details be required by the Police for crime purposes we will provide details to them directly
- If you have requested a PetTag to be made, the details you have provided will be passed on and used to process the order.
- If you are fostering or rescuing and animal from a charity, all details including payment agreements will be shared with the charity.
- If our phones are busy, your call will be passed to and overflow phone service who will take details.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing:
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact one of the Data Processors:
Liz Edmondson Day Practice Manager 01282 860650
Becky Harrison Assistant Practice Manager 01282 860650
Linden Brown Accounts Administrator 01282 860650
The Director responsible for Data Protection and is our Data Controller is Patrick Moore.
Stanley House Veterinary Group