Stanley House Vets Terms of Service
By accessing the website at https://www.stanleyhousevets.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Stanley House Vets’ website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Stanley House Vets’ website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Stanley House Vets at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Stanley House Vets’ website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Stanley House Vets makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Stanley House Vets does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Stanley House Vets or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Stanley House Vets’ website, even if Stanley House Vets or a Stanley House Vets authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Stanley House Vets’ website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Stanley House Vets does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Stanley House Vets may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Stanley House Vets does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Stanley House Vets has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Stanley House Vets of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Stanley House Vets may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of UK and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Terms and Conditions of Companion Animal – Out of Hours Emergency Care Plan membership
When joining our Emergency Care plan, you are accepting these terms and conditions. It is important to read them carefully, and please ask a member of staff if you have any queries.
If you would like a copy of these terms
and conditions in larger print – please ask
- The Out of Hours Emergency Care Plan is a rolling 12-month subscription that allows members access to our 24-hour emergency care team at our standard, normal day rate charges. This discount scheme is not an insurance policy.
- Your subscription constitutes an agreement between you and Pendle Pet Care Limited trading as Stanley House Veterinary Group. Membership and benefits are not transferable to another practice.
- You will have access to our 24-hour emergency out of hours service at our standard fees during the course of their membership; members will not be charged out of hours surcharges. Full details of all costs and surcharges are available from the practice.
- Failure to make immediate payment for treatment forfeits discounts.
- It is the on-call vets decision as to what constitutes an urgent out of hours appointment.
- The monthly subscription fee for your household will be determined by the number of registered companion animals on your account.
- A 14 day ‘waiting period’ will apply for all new joiners; emergency out of hours surcharges will be charged if you are seen within the first 14 days of subscription.
- These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with any additional information including, but not limited to, literature provided by the practice detailing what is included in your membership. That literature forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Your responsibilities – You must ensure that your records at Stanley House Veterinary Group are accurate and up to date for membership and discount eligibility purposes.
- Unless you tell us you would prefer not to, you may receive communication from us via email, text message or by post during the course of your subscription.
- Your membership fees will be collected by Direct Debit on a monthly basis.
- We use Easy Direct Debits Limited to collect Direct Debits on our behalf, and your bank statements will show a
payment to Easy Direct Debits. For the avoidance of doubt, your agreement is with Stanley House Veterinary Group. Easy Direct Debits Limited merely provide support to the practice, which includes transferring your payments.
11. Membership for your household will renew automatically every 12 months from the date that your subscription began.
12. We will tell you in advance, in writing, if there is to be a change in membership fees on your renewal date. We will always give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change in fees as a result of our annual review.
13. In between our annual fees review, your household monthly fee may also change if the number of companion animals in your household changes. A change in fees due to a change in pets will take effect as soon as is reasonably practical.
14. Failed Direct Debit payments, eg because of a lack of available funds, cause a significant increase in administration costs for the practice. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £5 for each failed payment. This administration charge will be added to your account.
15. After a failed Direct Debit payment, we will re-present our payment request to your bank after 3-5 working days.
16. If the second payment request also fails, a second administration charge may be added to your account. We will make a third and final payment request to your bank after a further 3-5 working days. If this payment request is unsuccessful your subscription will be cancelled automatically and your pet will no longer receive the associated benefits or any discounts which have been applied.
17. If your subscription is cancelled automatically because of failed direct debits, your account will be reviewed and you will be charged the out of hours surcharges of any services received during the course of your subscription.
18. Ending our agreement / cancelling your membership:
• You may cancel your membership on your renewal date (which is the 12-month anniversary of the date you joined) by giving us not less than thirty days’ notice.
• If you cancel your membership before your anniversary date, we will review your account and, where applicable, charge you retrospectively the out of hours surcharges of any services received during the course of your subscription.
• We may end our agreement by giving you written notice as outlined below.
19. Unpaid bills relating to your subscription fees or out of hours surcharges will be handled in accordance with our standard terms and conditions (available on request) and may be referred to a third-party debt collection agency.
• With regard to this agreement, either party wishing to give notice to the other should do so in writing.
• ‘In writing’ includes emails, letters sent by post, or delivered by hand.
• When we write to you by post, we will use the address most recently provided.
• If you wish to write to us, please use the email address email@example.com or send letters to Out of Hours Subscription Administration, Accounts Department, Stanley House Vets, 16-20 Albert Road, Colne, Lancs, BB8 0AA
21. Should you ever have cause to complain about the service you receive, please follow the practice’s normal complaints procedure (available on request).
How we use your information
22. Easy Direct Debits Limited and Stanley House Veterinary Group will hold and use your personal data (as defined by UK data protection laws) for the purpose of administering your subscription.
23. Both Stanley House Veterinary Group and Easy Direct Debits Ltd may record and monitor inbound and outbound telephone calls for training purposes. These calls may also be referred to in relation to any future queries.
24. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the security of your data. Your data will not be shared with anyone else unless there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
25. You have the right to see your personal data. If you have any queries about the data we hold, or how we use it, please write to either Stanley House Veterinary Group, 16-20 Albert Road, Colne, Lancs. BB8 0AA or Easy Direct Debits Limited, 99 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth BH8 8DY.