COVID-19 Appointment Guide
Please ensure that you read our Covid-19 appointment guide prior to your appointment or booking an online appointment.
See the government response to Coronavirus – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Last Updated: Tuesday 4th August 2020
Please ensure that you are well and contact us to defer your appointment if you have any symptoms of Covid-19.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19, we would ask that all non-urgent appointments are rearranged for at least 7 days after your symptoms started. If the appointment is an emergency and we would need to see your pet, we will need to take extra precautions and ask that you arrange for someone else to bring your pet to the surgery.
- Please ensure that you provide our reception team with a correct mobile number and that you bring this mobile with you to your appointment so we are able to contact you.
- If you are booking an appointment online, please enter your correct mobile number into the section “Any specific comments for this visit”. Please ensure that you bring this mobile with you to your appointment so we are able to contact you.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time and stay in your car, you do not need to call us to let us know that you have arrived. The vet will call you on the mobile number you provided when you booked your appointment.
- If the vet has not called you 5 minutes after your appointment time please contact the surgery and let the receptionist know that you are waiting for the vet to call you.
Colne – 01282 863 892
Burnley – 01282 421 215
Barnoldswick – 01282 852 390
- When the vet first calls you, they will want to discuss your pet’s clinical history and the nature of the appointment.
- The vet will then tell you which door a member of staff will meet you at to collect your pet from you.
- The vet will then examine your pet in a consult room whilst you wait in your car. Waiting in your car will help with social distancing and avoid people congregating at our doors.
- Once your pet has been examined, the vet will call you back to discuss your pet’s health.
- Then the vet will tell you which door to go to where you can collect your pet from them. When collecting your pet, you will be required to go to reception to settle your account and collect any medication that your pet may need.
- Please ensure you wear a face covering and use the provided hand sanitiser upon entry to all of our surgeries.
- Please maintain at least 2-meters distance apart from any staff and other clients.
- At Colne if there are 2 people already in the reception waiting area, you must wait outside.
- At Burnley and Barnoldswick if there are 2 people already in the reception waiting areas, you must wait outside.
May we take this opportunity to not only thank you for your custom but also for following our Covid-19 appointment guide which will help keep both our staff and clients as safe as we possibly can.
Take care and stay well – From all our staff at Stanley House Vets