Exciting opportunity to work for Stanley House Veterinary Group.
We are looking for a Full Time Receptionist.
We understand how important our receptionist team is. They are the first point of contact for our clients. Hence we require candidates to be friendly, professional and empathetic. Our clients experience a whole range of emotions when they visit the vets. Our receptionists play a big part in ensuring our clients have best experience possible every time they visit.
The position is 35 hours a week plus 1 in 6 Saturdays. The hours will fall between 8am and 7pm. We do require all staff to be flexible in their approach to work and to cover for sickness and holidays. If at the end of your shift there is an emergency arriving or a particularly heavy workload occasionally you may be required to work beyond the pre-arranged finish time. (job share may be considered)
Previous experience working within the veterinary industry though it would be advantage is not essential. However, excellent client care skills and being a great team player is.
It is an exciting and generally fast paced job, with no day ever the same. I can only describe working in a busy veterinary surgery rather like working in a GP practice, A&E centre and hospital all rolled in to one. Though animal handling is minimal you do get to meet all our lovely clients and get to know their pets.
As you will be front of house:
- The ability to be friendly yet professional and empathetic in a busy environment where clients are often anxious and upset is very important.
- Experience working with the general public is preferred.
- Being an excellent team player is essential.
- Being computer literate is vital to the position, though training on our bespoke software will be given.
- A smart tidy appearance is essential.
- In house training and on-going support will be provided.
- The ability to multi task is essential.
Due to the nature of the job it is vital our receptionists are:
- Flexible to cover for colleagues
- Do not have another job during opening hours
- Able to work overtime at very short notice (just in case of emergencies arriving)
- Have a driving licence and a car so they can get to all Stanley House Surgeries.
- We are a well-established and independent veterinary practice offering great job security.
- We recognise staff spend a lot of time at work and we feel it is important staff are happy whilst at work
- We have won the Pendle’s employer of the year award 2016 – 2017 and we were runner up in 2018-2019 (no awards have been held since these dates due to covid).
- We are also highly commended in the SPVS Wellbeing awards.
- We have a fabulous working environment and have just won an award in the British Veterinary Hospital Association Designs Award.
- We have team meetings to make sure everyone is able to contribute to the success of the practice and that they are listened to.
- The starting rate of pay is £8.91 an hour (or nat min wage for your age) with an annual pay review every April.
- You will be enrolled on to West Field Health Care which is a cash back plan and contributes towards dental, optician physio fee’s etc.
- We offer a Cycle to work scheme,
- You can join a Corporate gym membership at £22.50 a month to all Activo gyms.
- Own pets are treated at cost (within reason.)
- Holidays are 28 days a year including bank holidays with an extra day off for every 3 years’ service (max 5 days)
To apply please download the application form and email or post along with letter of application to
Mrs E Edmondson Day
16 – 20 Albert Road
- Please note applications without a fully completed application form will not be processed.
- Any problems or queries about the position or the application process please feel free to call 01282 860650 and ask for Liz.
- Closing Date 21st June 2021
- Once I have read all the applications I will select for first interviews.
- Candidates will be contacted for an interview by email.
- The interviews will take place at our main surgery 16-20 Albert Road Colne BB8 0AA
- You will be interviewed by two members of the Stanley House Team:
- Liz Edmondson Day – Practice Manager
- Leanne Mattinson – Head Receptionist
- Once the interviews have taken place we will select successful candidates for a second interview.
- For second interviews: we ask candidates to come in for half a day to work alongside the reception team. This is intended to be a two way process which gives colleagues the opportunity to see how you fit in to our team, plus how you get along with our clients both face to face and on the phone.
- It also is intended to give you the candidate the opportunity to experience working at Stanley House
- A candidate will be selected from these second interviews
- Only when an offer of employment has been accepted will we notify everyone who has applied they have been unsuccessful.