Farm and Equine Vet Full Time Permanent Position
Would you like to work for a well-established, multi award winning, independent practice operating out of state of the art, well equipped surgery / barn conversion in the heart of the stunning Pendle in Lancashire?
Our clients are a great mix of dairy, extensive and pedigree beef and sheep, pleasant small holders and sports and leisure horses.
- We are a well-established practice giving great job security.
- We are independent giving you freedom of choice and no sales targets.
- Although we provide our own in-house on-call service, we strive to maintain a healthy work life balance.
- You will enjoy great facilities for equine workups and farm animal surgery.
- You will be working within an experienced long standing team including an Advanced Practitioner and supportive director.
- Clinical freedom and development of your own role, interests and client base is encouraged.
- All vets have a half day off every week.
- Stanley House have been voted Pendle’s Employer of the Year in 2016-2017 and runner up in2018-2019
- We are highly commended in the SPVS Wellbeing Awards and are committed to providing a happy, fulfilling working environment; work-life balance is very important to us all!
- The successful candidate will be provided with a new 4×4 vehicle, laptop and a competitive salary.
- Out of hours work is not onerous with help always available.
- Salary is commensurate dependent on experience.
- Generous CPD allowanceWe have a new graduate development program
- Our main site is cat friendly
- We are part of the XL group which is a group of over 50 independent vets pooling resources. # By working together we can achieve more https://www.xlvets.co.uk/
- We are a friendly bunch who love to socialise (when we can J)
- Paid subscriptions (BVA, VDS, BEVA/BCVA)
- Corporate gym membershipmore. https://www.pendleleisuretrust.co.uk/membership/activo/
- Westfiled health Care membership along with an Employee Assistance Program https://www.westfieldhealth.com/
- In-house recognition scheme
- Staff pets are treated at cost (with in reason)
Duties are one set weeknight per week, one weekend in five full duty, and one weekend on backup. Part time / job share working would also be considered.
Although experience would be welcomed, we also have a great track record for supporting new and recent graduates.
Informal enquiries are welcome, including the opportunity to chat to our existing employees.
About the area
We do think it’s important to help employees, especially someone new to the area, find a good work life balance and Pendle offers a wide variety of leisure activities.
For walking and hiking enthusiasts we are situated in the north east of Lancashire, nestling between the Ribble Valley and the Pennine Way, Pendle is a largely rural area dominated by the iconic Pendle Hill. The Forest of Bowland, an area of outstanding natural beauty, is on our door step and the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Bronte Country are all within easy reach.
We have two golf courses in Pendle and a sailing club on Burwains reservoir.
The area is home to cycling Olympian and world champion, Steven Burke MBE and for the cycling enthusiast there is a cycling club that meets regularly at the Steven Burke closed road cycle circuit. There’s also the annual Colne Grand Prix cycle race. For the more extreme off-road biking there are plenty of trails at Gisburn Forest approximately 8 miles away from Colne.
The area also boasts a premier league football team!
Our corporate gym membership gives access to 4 gyms plus you can also use a further 13 leisure centres throughout East Lancashire, including fun pools and you can also receive discounts on spa treatments.
For people who enjoy city life, the vibrant cities of Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds are within easy reach by road or public transport and offer excellent shopping and night life.
We also have fantastic access to the motorway network and major airports.
Find out more at www.visitpendle.com
In 2019 we were very proud that our amazing Head Nurse, Kira was awarded the exemplary VN educator of the year.
In 2019 we were absolutely delighted to win an award at the BVHA design awards. https://tinyurl.com/4c68u9hc
We are very honoured to have won the 2016- 2017 Pendle Employer of the Year in our local business awards for investing in our staff and providing a supportive work environment. In 2018 -2019we were very pleased to be the runner up selected from many applications. https://tinyurl.com/ywv7eafm
We have also been highly commended in the SPVS Wellbeing awards twice.
About our team
We worked with the BVA in the summer of 2016 filming for Veterinary view – Watch our short films to meet the team.
We have a friendly and supportive team. As a practice we do take part in a number of social events. Over the last few years we have taken part in the annual charity Pendle Pub Walk covering 13 miles and visiting a number of pubs for refreshments on the way! Many of our staff enjoy taking part in activities often raising money for various charities including:
- Yorkshire three peaks
- Yorkshire Tough Mudder
- The Major Series
- Guide dog challenge
- 50 mile Megahike
We have taken part in a short film about Euthanasia which is currently touring various film festivals. Here is the trailer https://vimeo.com/273735473
If you would like to join our friendly and supportive team, please apply by posting your CV to:
Liz Edmondson Day
20 Albert Road,
Alternatively, you can send your CV by email to:
If you have any queries, please phone Liz: 01282 860650.